Friday, August 07, 2009
Sotomayor, The Affirmative Action Justice
The Senate confirmed Sonia Sotomayor as the first Hispanic justice on the Supreme Court by a 68-31 vote, handing President Barack Obama a victory right before lawmakers leave town for their August recess.
All of the chamber's Democrats and independents voted in Judge Sotomayor's favor except for ailing Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts, who was absent. Among Republicans, the vote was nine in favor and 31 against.
The spineless Moderate Repubs who voted for Sotodouche are...SeeBS News:
Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Sen. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Sen. Christopher Bond (Mo.), Sen. Susan Collins (Maine), Sen. Olympia Snowe (Maine), Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.), Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.), Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.) and Sen. George Voinovich (Ohio).
Sotomayor is not wise, her past bench experience is unimpressive, the real SCOTUS overturned her Ricci/Firefighter decision and her manner of talking and speaking would have made her a wonderful backwoods character in the film "Deliverance."
Liberalism means striving for mediocrity and almost achieving it.
What motivated Christ to move towards the Moderate wing? Why did he do it, do you think?
I've been as tough on Repubs as I have on Dems. Perhaps moreso on Repubs who morph into RINOs and Moderates. That's why I consider myself an Indie-small "L" Libertarian. I've NEVER said or written the Republican party doesn't have their faults and share of problems. But the Libs? Shit, they are Marxists, pure and fully.
Those so-called Republicans voted the way they did because they don't want to lose the Latino vote in the next election.
"The last thing Florida needs is a U.S. senator that will stand with President Obama instead of challenging the wrong direction he is leading our country and offering constructive conservative solutions moving forward," he wrote.
……..let the games begin!!!
You are SPOT ON! "Ball lapper" indeed! I don't know what Graham is trying to prove, other than he's just another frequent Moderate who wants to be re-elected and re-elected and re-elected. I don't know why his constituents keep putting him in office. His Demo opponent must be really hellacious.
Is that not just WILD? Mel votes for the unwise Latina woman and then resigns. There's gotta be something lurking under it all that is more substantial; meaning he must have something to hide or he was "told" to vote to Soto and then resign.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.