Tuesday, February 03, 2009
K Is For
The Other K Natural Disaster
Over a quarter of a million people in Kentucky remained without power Monday after a devastating winter storm pummeled the state last week with ice and snow.
Emergency personnel said up to 6,500 residents had to leave their homes for other shelter across the state as conditions deteriorated.
"Folks that thought they could weather it out are now heading to shelters because they're running out of supplies," Kentucky Emergency Management Agency spokesman Gary "Buddy" Rogers told CNN.
The storm has been blamed for at least 16 deaths in a crisis authorities expect could leave people without power for "a couple more weeks," he added.
Would The Affirmative Action Illegitimate Prednint-In-Training Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior do this? Would he intentionally prolong aid and assistance to a state for no reason other than the state didn't vote for him? Could be. I wouldn't put it past This Fascist Dictator and his Fascist Pig Regime. Those 16 deaths and numerous injuries are on Pbama's watch, if anyone is counting.
Check out the below, From the Lone Star Times:
The following things happened within 100 hours after Hurricane Katrina smashed into the Louisiana/Mississippi coastline in 2005.
Between 2,500 and 3,000 people have been rescued by the Coast Guard, National Guard and First Responders.
National Guard and Regular Army have deployed 50,000 troops…the biggest domestic relief effort in U.S. history after Monday’s onslaught by killer Hurricane Katrina.
The Navy is sending the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman to join an armada of vessels off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
The Air Force said it was adding a high-flying U-2 spy plane to the relief effort to take pictures to help relief efforts at the request of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
The Army has put on alert roughly 3,000 active-duty ground troops from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to be prepared to deploy to New Orleans
WHERE’S FEMA? Nearly 1M(illion) without power 5 days after ice storm.
“Where’s FEMA?” is not the appropriate question. The appropriate question is, “Where is the mainstream media, screaming in one united voice, that the absence of FEMA demonstrates the utter fecklessness and failure of the current President and all his policies?”
Ahhhhh, The Coveted Free Pass...it must be priceless and shiny!
Ahhhhhhh....words are so much easier than actions, huh?
Thank you. The parody and satire wrote itself because it was written by the Left and the Bush-haters and how they reacted to New Orleans.
That the AP story noted in the post "once, not ever, mentioning the federal government, FEMA or President Barack Obama" says all we need to know about double-standards, hypocrisy and "fairness" from the Media and Pbama Cultists.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.