Monday, July 30, 2007
Hillary Clinton's MrsSatan's Letters
The New York Times published a story about John Peavoy, an English Professor at Scripps College located in Claremont, California. His claim to fame - and I don't mean that in a bad way because he seems like a nice enough fellow - is that he and
Peavoy says they lost touch with each other shortly after graduating from college, except for a 30-year reunion of "the Maine South class of '65." The most telling part of the entire story is this paragraph:
In the late 1990s, Peavoy was contacted by the author Gail Sheehy, who was researching a book on the First Lady. He agreed to to let Sheehy see the letters, from which she would quote snippets in her 1999 biography, "Hillary's Choice". When Clinton heard that Peavoy had kept her old letters, she wrote him asking for copies, which he obliged. He has not heard from her since.
One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out why she wanted copies of the letters. Just in case she had written something 40 years ago that could return to haunt her or be a thorn in her side, MrsSatan needed copies of those letters so that her staff could immediately being rewriting her political history. Certainly the "smartest woman ever" couldn't have her letters surface from way back and negatively affect her political ambitions.
In April 1967 MrsSatan writes:
"Since Xmas [sic] vacation, I've gone through three and a half metamorphoses and am beginning to feel as though there is a smorgasbord of personalities spread before me. So far, I've used alienated academic, involved pseudo-hippie, educational and social reformer and one-half of withdrawn simplicity."
It is interesting to note that she admits to a smorgasbord of personalities. In other words, she's is whatever and whomever her audience wants her to be - for that specific moment in time. In common lingo, this is referred as being a phony, a charlatan, an impostor.
It is unclear from the story if the following is from the same April, 1967 letter or a different letter from that same month and year where MrsSatan writes:
"Can you be a misanthrope and still love or enjoy some individuals? How about a compassionate misanthrope?"
The letters also reflect MrsSatan's membership in the Young Republican Party and that she shared her father's conservative political ideology. Why, back then, she probably was more of a "Reich winger" than Joe Lieberman is today.
She has 15 months remaining to spin and rewrite her history and none of the toady, water-carrying press or journalists will compel her to answer any serious questions about her past. It's not enough that our country and the world was saddled with eight years of her disingenuous, deceitful and duplicitous husband. We're expected to suffer through four, if not eight, years of her running the country.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.