Wednesday, August 27, 2008
The Election Boils Down To FOPIM
It's pronounced just as it is spelled: "FO-PIM". Because this is what the election will boil down to.
These five state will determine who is elected as the next president of the United States.
Whichever candidate wins three or more of these states will be the one elected to the White House.
Floria, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Michigan. FOPIM.
It is likely that John McCain will win Florida given for whom Florida has voted in the past.
McCain can win Michigan - a Blue state in years 2000 and 2004 - especially if he chooses Mitt Romney - whom Michigan loves - as his VP.
This leaves OPI; Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana.
Both Ohio and Indiana voted for George W. Bush in both year 2000 and 2004 elections. Despite crying and whining from The Left about DieBold machines being rigged in Ohio, they have never proven it. DieBold rigging is nothing but an unproven conspiracy theory from The Left because this is all they can grasp onto.
Both Ohio and Indiana are, to some extent, up for grabs this year but they should - in all practical purposes - remain Red States.
If McCain manages to pull off getting the electoral votes of Wisconsin or Minnesota - both of which are up for grabs - along with two or more FOPIMs, by the time the Rocky Mountain and Pacific Time Zone states vote, it will already be over for The Affirmative Action Candidate who will be rendered back to on-the-job training as a U.S. Senator.
This election is John McCain's to lose.
And as anyone familiar with what I've written here in the past, I'm no fan of McCain, I'm not supportive of his candidacy and I will be sitting this election out. I may reconsider if - and it's a big IF - he picks Romney as his running mate. But even if he doesn't, McCain still has FOPIM on his side. Pennsylvania can stay Blue and McCain can still win.
FOPIM. This what the election boils down to.
It's amazing that there were no allegations of voting machine tampering in the 2006 election when Dems took the majority, isn't it?
Funny how those machines worked just fine then. /snark
Thanks for visiting and commenting!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.