Thursday, May 01, 2008
Al Franken Blames His Accountant
Senate candidate Al Franken, dogged by accusations that he failed to file tax returns in California, said Tuesday he will pay about $70,000 in back income taxes in 17 states dating to 2003.
Most of the income at issue was from speeches and other paid appearances by the comedian-turned candidate, who said he got bad advice from his accountant but takes responsibility for the errors.
"What happened is our accountant made a mistake, and all of these are repercussions of that same mistake," said Franken. "His mistake was not understanding the law, the obligation to pay these state taxes."
This story is hilarious, especially when you consider how Franken loathes corporations and big business. I guess working for NBC in the 1970s doesn't count - as far as Al is concerned - as a big corporation.
It is also typical rank Liberal hypocrisy when you consider Franken's own words from September 30, 2007:
"I'm a corporation . . . . I love corporations that play by the rules and we have to make them play by the rules."
Franken is the textbook example of Liberal Public Relations which follows three simple rules:
3) Then when caught, blame the other guy.
Al blames his accountant. What a LPOS!
You know what Al is? He's exactly what is described in the little song ditty that gets played by every Talking Head with a program on Liberal Radio:
You're a lying sack of crap
You're a lying sack of crap
You're a lying scheming nasty sack of liquid crap
Al Franken frequently calls anyone who disagrees with him "a liar." I think Franken has a major case of psychological projection:
According to the theories of Sigmund Freud, psychological projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, feelings, and so on onto someone else[.]
Contributing Writer: S.T. Miller
Labels: Al Franken Explains
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.