Thursday, February 21, 2008
State Senator Kirk Watson, Obama Supporter, Can't Answer Or List One Obama Accomplishment
Hillary Clinton and her presidential campaign Wednesday pounced on a recent television interview with a surrogate of Barack Obama who was unable to identify a single accomplishment in the Illinois Democrat's Senate record.
The interview in question was with [Congresswoman Stephanie] Tubbs Jones and Texas State Sen. Kirk Watson on MSNBC Tuesday night. Host Chris Matthews asked Watson, a supporter of Obama, to name the Illinois senator's chief legislative accomplishments.
Obama supporters are crying foul on Matthews; that he "berated" Watson. I'm no fan of Matthews, but he asked the right question and kept a legitimate "press" on Watson. Watson stumbles and stammers all over the place desperately trying to concoct a response - and he fails miserably.
Give me a break. If you're supporting a candidate - and especially if you yourself are an elected official - and you can't list one single reason or issue that the person you are supporting stands for, then you either haven't done your homework or the person you're supporting really is as vague and idealess as he is being made out to be.
Labels: Ted Kennedy's Poodle
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.