Thursday, April 16, 2009
Gitmo Detainee Says Abuse Worsened And Increased After Obama Took Office
A young Guantanamo prisoner from Chad was given permission to telephone a relative but instead called the al-Jazeera television network and said he was being beaten and abused at the U.S. detention camp.
Transcripts of the recorded interview with Guantanamo captive Mohammad el Gharani were posted on the Qatar-based television network's English-language Website on Tuesday.
He told al-Jazeera he had been beaten with batons and teargassed by a group of six soldiers wearing protective gear and helmets after refusing to leave his cell.
"This treatment started about 20 days before Obama came into power, and since then I've been subjected to it almost every day," he told Al Jazeera.
"Since Obama took charge he has not shown us that anything will change."
I guess since Obama likes ordering the execution of teen pirates he also gets his kicks out of abusing those being held in Gitmo.
Do you think that, as a child, Obama enjoyed pulling the wings off of flies and using a magnifying glass and the sun to burn ants? I wonder if he tortured small animals for his amusement?
Remember...Pbama issued executive orders banning torture...but he allows himself the option of not having to abide by his own order. This is no different than what W. Bush did, which sent The Left into apoplectic fits of hysteria and rage. I wonder why The Left reacts differently now? I wonder what's changed?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.