.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 16, 2005

Agreeing To Disagree

I never fail to be amazed at how lengthy some comments added to this site can ramble on, and on, and on. Why, they write more as a comment here than they do on their own blogs!

Nobody that I know of, forces any of us to read someone else's blog. Nobody is asking you to take what I write here as "the gospel". I've listed some liberal blogs over on the right hand side of the page that I visit every day. I take what they write with a large grain of salt. The same should be done for those visiting mrssatan, or any other blog.

For the most part, I like "hard" news, hence, the many news links on the right side of this page. I am impressed, and having nothing but respect, for those bloggers who, every day, find it in themselves to write a solid, hard-news post every day. That goes for those on the right, left, and those somewhere in between.

It was suggested that, when I write a piece that is sarcastic, that I add a "LOL" or a " ;-) " to those pieces. Well, I don't underestimate the intelligence of the people who visit this site, which is why I don't (and NEVER will) add a "LOL" or a " ;-) " to a piece of sarcasm. If you have to explain the joke, then it ain't funny.

Regarding disinformation - there's craploads of disinformation on the web, as well as blogs. We all pick and choose the battles we're going to fight. There is an equal amount of disinformation on the right, as well as the left, and those in between.

I could simply eliminate the comments section (as so many other blogs do) and eliminate the hassle, but I do enjoy reading what someone else has to say, whether they agree or disagree with something I write.

If I write something with sarcasm or parody, and you don't get the joke, don't blame me.

I don't post "in anger" on other blogs. I don't, and NEVER have, allowed myself to send an angry or hateful e-mail to someone.

If you don't like what you read here, don't come back. Or, go start your own blog. Blogger is free. It's a wonderful medium for exchanging information.

The best, gentlemanly quality I can say to anyone (on a blog or sitting at the bar) is that "we can agree to disagree," without it getting ugly. As well as, "if you can't take the criticism, perhaps you shouldn't be dishing it out." Or, "tit for tat" - oh, but except when it comes back to "you". Ahhhhh, then it's a different story.

By the way - have I mentioned, Al Gore created Blogger?
© 2005





<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker



Web Site Traffic Counters
Alabama Internet

Listed on BlogShares

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This site uses photographs and material from other sources in strict
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.

Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.