Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Al Gore Doesn't Want To Intrude Into
The Energy Use Of His Rich Friends
Why did Global Warming Alarmist and Huckster, and the Man Who Would Not Be President, Albert Gore, Junior, in a recent interview with The Sun say that he would never want to push his eco-beliefs onto his wealthy friends and the he would never ask or expect them to make sacrifices that would benefit the environment? Why, it sure sounds rather strange for someone who claims that so-called global warming could negatively affect the world for decades and with untold various disasters.
But while Gore wants you and me to reduce our standard of living, he has no expectation that his elitist cronies practice the same:
The man who is now as much part of the Hollywood Establishment as he was a political player with the Democratic Party is very careful not to upset any of his celebrity friends.
He wouldn’t dream of suggesting that their lavish jet-setting and gas-guzzling lifestyles could be reined in for the good of the environment.
When we point out that David Beckham has recently been given the dubious title of having the worst carbon footprint in history – clocking up enough air miles to fly to the moon and owning 15 gas-guzzling cars, Mr Gore shifts uncomfortably in his seat.
He knows what is coming next.
When asked what he would say to the football icon – a hero to millions – about his impact on the environment, Mr Gore refuses to be drawn.
He gives a huge belly-laugh at the notion that Posh and Becks could invest in an environmentally-friendly hybrid car such as a Toyota Prius.
He careful considers his answer before saying: “I don’t think that’s my place. I don’t want to get into personally criticising anyone.”
One hour in a Gulfstream jet burns as much fuel as driving a family car for a year.
My long-running standard test here, as regular readers know, is flipping the standards used by Liberals and applying it back onto themselves and their ideology. Let's do this with the issue of so-called global warming: Would anyone - especially anyone on the Left - even consider that so-called global warming posed a threat if the cheerleader crusading against global warming was former Vice President Dan Quayle instead of Junior Gore? Case closed pending new information.
Labels: Gore earth fever
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.