Saturday, October 07, 2006
When Nancy Pelosi Comes Marching Home Again...
Below is an interesting item from the very fine American Spectator.
It would appear that Nancy Pelosi, in 2001 - just five years ago - marched in a Gay Pride Parade where another fellow marcher was, "Harry Hay [who] was a fierce advocate of man/boy love."
Yeah...how about that? Did Nancy Pelosi, as she does today with Mark Foley, condemn the beliefs of Mr. Hay?
If Representative Pelosi took the time to condemn Harry Hay's presence in the Pride Parade, there is no evidence that I can find. Nor did she refuse to march in the parade as a protest of Mr. Hay. Nor did she issue a statement warning parents that they were bringing their kids to a parade where Mr. Hay was one of the featured attractions.
What Representative Pelosi chose to do instead -- as did much of civic San Francisco -- is blithely give a wink-and-a-nod to ole Harry and his interest in little boys.
Ms. Peloshit participated in a parade where at least one of her co-marchers included someone who advocates adult-child sexual relationships and...Ms. Peloshit said nothing! I wonder why that would be? Do you suppose she put her Liberal Political Agenda ahead of those good, old-fashioned Democratic Family Values?
Harry Hay was a fierce advocate of man/boy love. While The [San Francisco] Chronicle simply ignored Harry's views, the North American Man/Boy Love Association was only too delighted to put up a collection of Harry's views on the need for young boys to have older men as sexual partners. Here's just a sample taken from a talk at a New York University forum sponsored by a campus gay group in 1983.
Said Harry: "Because if the parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they would know from their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world."
Don't try to sell me that a politician as politically savvy as Ms. Peloshit didn't know with whom she was marching.
It's not Denny Hastert who should resign his post, not by any means.
It is Nancy Peloshit who needs to resign, ASAP. And she certainly has some 'splainin' to do about her tacit support of someone like Harry Hays.
After a week of Democrats trying to claim THEY care more about protecting children, a little perspective before the election would be GREAT!
Let the voters decide whether they think that the GOP, as imperfect as it is, is a better protector of children and family values than the people who march with pedophiles and call it "Pride."
Thanks for visiting and commenting, Mike!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.