Friday, June 15, 2007
James Metzen, Democrat
Gets Off "Easy" On DUI Charge
Metzen apologized to his Democrat colleague's by saying he'd had "a lapse in judgment."
In a surprising and shocking (at least to me) statement, the West St. Paul chapter of MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) called Metzen's sentence "too light."
Metzen joins other fine, upstanding, stellar, law-abiding, example-setting Minnesota Democrats who drive drunk, such as Ted Mondale, Tom Rukavina and Duluth Mayor Herb "Don't call the police" Bergson.
Although unconfirmed, it is rumored that Metzen (center) celebrated his light sentencing by getting hammered at a local titty bar with fellow DUI'ers Ted Mondale (left) and Tom Rukavina (right). Bergson, apparently, was unable to attend.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.