Friday, November 09, 2007
Aqua Dots Contain GHB
A Chinese-made toy containing a chemical linked to the so-called date-rape drug was recalled yesterday after two children fell ill.
The recall of Aqua Dots, distributed by Toronto-based Spin Master Ltd., follows the withdrawal of millions of consumer products made in China and Mexico over concerns about high- levels of lead and toxic chemicals. Consumer fears about harmful toys may affect holiday spending, with 35 percent of shoppers believing that products made outside the U.S. aren't safe, according to a Nov. 1 study by Deloitte & Touche LLP.
Aqua Dots, which features small beads that bond with water, are made with a chemical the body converts to gamma-hydroxy butyrate, commonly known as the date-rape drug.
Arkansas child hospitalized after playing with Aqua Dots.
Utah child alive after eating Aqua Dots.
The easy solution? Stop buying Chinese-made crap!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.