Sunday, February 15, 2009
Death Toll Mounting Under Obama
A British Royal Marine has died in Afghanistan.
Two American drone airplanes "killed 30 people...including Qaeda and Taliban fighters"[.] The New York Times:
Two missiles fired from American drone aircraft killed more than 30 people, including Qaeda [sic] and Taliban fighters, near the Pakistani border with Afghanistan on Saturday, according to a Pakistani intelligence official and residents of the area.
Dozens of followers of Pakistan's top Taliban leader were in a compound when a suspected US missile attack hit, killing 27 militants in an al Qaida stronghold near the Afghan border, officials said.
Were they women, children and the elderly? We don't know. The MSM has stopped identifying terrorists as women, children and the elderly now that Bush is out of the White House.
Women, children and the elderly used to be the wording for collateral causalities. Now the term is "followers of the Taliban."
The above are more deaths that belong to Pbama.
Karzai meets US envoy amid tension and says he HAS NOT HEARD FROM OBAMA. al Jazeera:
Hamid Karzai, the Afghan president, has held talks with Richard Holbrooke, the US envoy to the region, after acknowledging tension exists between the countries' leaderships.
The meeting in Kabul on Saturday, overshadowed by speculation that the Afghan president has lost favour in Washington, reportedly focused on tackling escalating Taliban violence.
Karzai told Al Jazeera's Frost Over The World that he has not heard from the US president since Barack Obama moved into the White House last month.
"There is tension between us and the US government on issues of civilian casualties, arrests of Afghans, nightly raids on homes and the casualties they cause," Karzai said.
"We are negotiating ... I had to campaign for an end to civilian casualties because we are a sovereign country and the Afghan people expect their government to stand for them."
Obama is expected to approve the deployment of about 30,000 extra US troops to Afghanistan in the next few days, despite fears in some circles that the mistakes of the Soviet Union's 1979-89 invasion of the country, when much of the general Afghan population joined the fight against Russian forces, are being repeated.
We all need to remember that Pbama said he is willing to invade a sovereign nation.
Where is the "War is Always Wrong" crowd?
Where is the "Bush is a Warmonger" crowd?
Where is the "Surge will Fail" crowd?
Where is the "No More Blood for Oil" Crowd??
John Kerry, Nanny Pelosi, Dennis Kookcinich, Harry Reid and more all have been calling for the immediate withdraw of U.S. Troops from Iraq for at least the past three and four years. Why are these people so silent today?
Why so silent, Pbama Cultists? You're messiah is operating in the same manner as Bush, yet you do not protest? Why not?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.