Saturday, May 16, 2009
Panetta To Pelosi: CIA Told Truth
CIA Director Leon Panetta has weighed in on the heated detainee debate, saying that the agency was truthful when it briefed lawmakers on interrogation tactics in 2002.
"Ultimately, it is up to Congress to evaluate all the evidence and reach its own conclusions about what happened," Panetta said in a memo to agents, entitled "Turning Down the Volume."
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi set off a firestorm Thursday when she accused the agency of misleading Congress about the use of waterboarding.
The California Democrat has been under attack from Republicans, who have argued that congressional Democrats long knew about harsh interrogation tactics, such as waterboarding. Pelosi has condemned waterboarding, which simulates drowning.
Panetta said said it is not CIA "policy or practice to mislead Congress" and told agents to "ignore the noise and stay focused on your mission."
We also learn that Madame Botox was truthfully briefed on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah. The Weekly Standard:
CIA Director Leon Panetta challenged House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s accusations that the agency lied to her, writing a memo to his agents saying she received nothing but the truth.
Panetta, President Obama's pick to run the clandestine agency and President Clinton's former chief of staff, wrote in a memo to CIA employees Friday that "CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, describing 'the enhanced techniques that had been employed,'" according to CIA records.
Remember, if Pelosi was so shocked and outraged by the practice of waterboarding, why did she keep quiet for so very many years? The Liberals tell us that knowing about something and not speaking up about it if you disagree means you're just as guilty and culpable as anyone who may have broken the law. In other words, The Libs tell us someone like Pelosi is an accomplice.
Hey Hey, Ho Ho,
Nanny Pelosi Must Go -
Say it again!
Hey Hey, Ho Ho,
Nanny Pelosi Must Go!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.