Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Michelle Pickles Obama Displays
Classless Boorish Behavior In Europe
Well, ol' Michelle Pickles Pbama The Dangerous Washerwoman sure made a crapload of faux pas and etiquette breaches while overseas.
Here are a few:
Michelle Obama arrived at Buckingham Palace in a sleeveless white top worn part of the time with a three-quarter length sleeved sweater. Although she meant no disrespect, I'm sure, this attire was not appropriate when meeting the Queen of England. Another faux pas was when our First Lady, Michelle put her arm around the Queen during the photo shoot.
Proper protocol allows the Queen to touch people if she wishes but does not allow others to touch her.
And WTF is up with Pickles' outfit in the below photo? Is she auditioning for the role of The Grape in a Fruit of The Loom Commercial?
Designer Oscar de la Renta had harsh words for Michelle's choice of clothing. CNN:
"You don't…go to Buckingham Palace in a sweater," Oscar de la Renta told Woman's Wear Daily regarding Mrs. Obama's decision to wear a cardigan over an Isabel Toledo-designed dress for the private meeting.
There was something about those handsome, smiling, clean-limbed, corn-fed Americans towering benignly over our petite Queen and her shorter-than-he-used-to-be consort: a meeting of generations, of worlds old and new, of allies, of minds. My love for America has always been unconditional, and that photograph reminded me why.
Then they went and ruined it with the next picture, the one of them hugging. I'm sorry, Mrs Obama, I don't care how strapping and smiley and gorgeous you are, no one touches the Queen. How do you think the Tibetans would feel if you started manhandling the Dalai Lama? Mmm? Or the Italians if you gave the Pope's knee a friendly squeeze? It's just not on. There are no excuses. You should have known. THE BRITISH. DO NOT. HUG.
If you check through the State Department protocols you were given for this trip, you will see it there on page one, first paragraph. "Please note: The British do not hug. They are a reserved people with codes of behaviour that stretch back for a millennium. They will nod politely, they will shake your hand, but invade their personal space and they will cringe, both outwardly and inwardly."
None of the usual American MSM or press is covering any of these types of stories. Go to the UK papers...they don't have a Fascist vested interest in portraying the Pbamas in glowing, fabulous terms. Nope...the UK is wise to the Pbamas.
Yep. The iPod had Rev. Reich's sermons and a bunch of Kenyan music. Maybe some rap too?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.