Saturday, November 08, 2008
When...Not If...You Serve Predo Pbama
Pbama offers the future of an Orwellian Nightmare.
It's "1984" in 2009!
Prednint-Elect Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior isn't even sworn into office and he's already sounding like a dictator.
His "Office of The Prednint Elect" site tells us - it TELLS us, mind you - that it's WHEN we choose to serve, not IF:
"When you choose to serve -- whether it's your nation, your community or simply your neighborhood -- you are connected to that fundamental American ideal that we want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness not just for ourselves, but for all Americans. That's why it's called the American dream."
Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.
What the hell is this, indentured servitude?
This Office of the Prednint-Elect sounds creepy, very Orwellian and Big Brother-ish. I'm not the only one getting this vibe either.
Stop The ACLU published a great post: Five things that are creepy about the change.gov website. Here are two excerpts:
4. There is no such thing as the Office of the President-Elect[.]
5. Nearly everything Change.gov says. My wife tells me that reading the “service” section conjured images of the video for Pink Floyd’s Another Brick in the Wall Part 2.
So what are your thoughts on Pbama's Indentured Servitude?
Amendment 13 - Slavery Abolished. Ratified 12/6/1865. History
1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
So what will be the penalty if a person refuses to "volunteer"? Prison? Forced labor camps? How ironic is it that the first black president has forgotten that slavery has been abolished? Lincoln would be appalled.
The Republican future.
The piece I really don't like is the all-ages part. I know many folks sympathetic to a mandatory year or 2 post high school but I just don't think government can or should ask this of us adults. Bush has some interesting programs for adult Volunteers.
Honestly I wish Americorps was funded by foundations. Some of them are good programs but we just don't need government getting that bloated.
Molson, yours was the first thought, what if someone refuses to forced volunteerism, what is the penalty, fine or crime? Yep.
I will hit that link in a bit. Thanks
Americorps being funded by foundations I would get behind. That's a good idea.
And yeah, it does sound like Clinton's Americorps on steroids along with being rather an insidious Hitler Youth motive behind it: "report on those disloyal to Pbama." Maybe it's my four years to be paranoid now? /slight sarcasm
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.