Friday, March 06, 2009
Martial Law, Coming Soon From Pbama
November, 2008. From The Houston Chronicle:
Can martial law be far away if Democrat Barack Obama wins the presidency?
State Board of Education member Cynthia Dunbar, R-Richmond, contemplates such a scenario in a column she wrote for Christian Worldview Network.
"I sincerely believe that an Obama Administration would ultimately mean one thing - the end of America as we know her," said Dunbar, one of board's seven social conservatives.
U.S. Congressman from Florida, Democrat Alcee Hastings says hold citizens in containment camps. The Political Octagon:
Hastings, D-Fla., has provided a new bill, H.R. 645, introduced to the House of Representatives calling for the secretary of homeland security to establish six or more “national emergency centers” to contain civilians on military installations. The proposed bill, which has received little mainstream media attention, appears designed to create the type of detention center that those concerned about use of the military in domestic affairs fear could be used as concentration camps for political dissidents, such as occurred in Nazi Germany.
The Hastings bill conveys a sense of warmth and fuzziness to allow government to protect citizens from national disaster, but the truth of the matter is that camps on military bases is a bad idea. The flaw in the proposition introduced by Hastings will give government unlimited power to detain Americans for whatever reason it deems appropriate. Jerome Corsi writing for WND brings out the salient points:
The proposed bill, which has received little mainstream media attention, appears designed to create the type of detention center that those concerned about use of the military in domestic affairs fear could be used as concentration camps for political dissidents, such as occurred in Nazi Germany.
Here is the regional division map as sliced up by FEMA. It is from FEMA's own website:
So...which region do you want to travel to today? Better have your "papers" in order and have the permanent Pbama stamp on your arm or forehead.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.