Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Robert Somma Was A Republican? Really?
Robert Somma was a Federal bankruptcy judge who was picked up by the cops for driving while intoxicated after he slammed his car into a truck. The arresting officer(s) noted that Somma was wearing a cocktail dress, fishnet stockings and high heals.
Somma drove from Boston to a gay bar in Manchester, New Hampshire, because - according to reports - no one in Manchester would know who he was.
Robert Somma arrest photo
There's been some discussion and question of his political persuasion. I can't recall where I originally read this - not the comments section of my blog at the above link - but somewhere else, that stated Somma was appointed by President George W. Bush, therefore he must be a Republican.
But an astute commenter here makes a very important observation:
No. 4 · Jason
Um - I’m not sure where people got that he was “appointed” by Bush or that he is a Bush “crony.” First, as pointed out earlier, Bankruptcy judges are not appointed by the President. Bush probably has never even hear do [sic] (guessing he means "heard of" - Drake) this guy. Second, this guy makes his campaign contributions to DEMOCRATS.
See the fields for the contributor's last name, first name.
See the name of the contributor, the candidate or PAC they are donating to, the amount, and the date:
Why, it seems that cocktail dress, fishnet stocking, high heel - wearing Robert Somma has made campaign contributions to...
...wait for it ...
...Democrat candidates and Democrat PACs.
Now, if Somma were a Republican, why would he have made campaign contributions to Democrats and Dem Pacs?
Both the HuffPuffPoo and Aravoisis' blog are headlining Somma as a "Bush Appointee."
We need to clarify if Bush appointed bankruptcy judge Somma, or if he didn't.
Kingcast - if you read this - can you shed any light on this? Thanks!
Labels: Robert Somma
Has there been any update? I'm curious about things like:
1. will he stay married to his wife?
2. what reaction do his children have?
3. will his long-time secretary (Peggy, who incidentally lives in New Hampshire -- but I'm not sure where, in proximity to The Breezeway) stay employed in the court system and, if so, what the heck will she do between now and April 1st when Somma's not a judge anymore?
As they say in the funny papers, enquiring minds want to know!
I can't answer your questions, only the judge can. Or more accurately, the press if they report on it.
Perhaps more important are what will happen to his pets, if he has any. Who will get custody of the dog, ferrets and gerbils?
Who will get custody of what appears to his really bad rug?
Will he hit the daytime talk show circuit (Maury, Oprah, The View) in drag?
Stay tuned for "The further Adventures of Robert Somma."
Thanks for visiting and commenting.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.