Friday, February 06, 2009
Hilda Solis, Another Tax Cheat
In The Pbama Admin?
The latest Tax Cheat is the husband of Pbama's nominee for Labor Secretary Hilda Solis. Her husband, Sam Sayyad, had tax liens outstanding for SIXTEEN YEARS. USA MacPaper:
The husband of President Obama's choice to head the Labor Department paid about $6,400 Wednesday to settle tax liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years against his business, the Obama administration said Thursday.
[Her husband's tax problem] pales in comparison to her involvement with Americans Right to Work (ARW), which we highlighted on Tuesday where she may have violated multiple House ethics rules. It appears that while Hilda Solis served as a Board Member and Treasurer to the organization, they were lobbying Congress on bills Ms. Solis actually co-sponsored. One of those bills, the “Employee Free Choice Act”, is the card-check legislation that will eliminate the secret ballot in union elections, eliminating anonymous decisions by employees to decide whether to unionize.
On January 29, around the time her husband was ‘discovering’ his tax liens, Congresswoman Solis filed a letter with the House clerk detailing her involvement with ARW. This time, Solis says she “incorrectly answered” a question that directly asked if she was a member of any organizations like ARW. Apparently, she forgot that she was handling all of the finances and leadership of an organization that was pressing her colleagues to vote in favor of her own pro-union legislation. Another ‘honest mistake’.
The Ethics Manual of the House of Representatives is quite clear that Members should not “take an active role in lobbying Congress on behalf of a private organization since that would conflict with a Member’s general obligation to the public.” As of today, she is still listed as a Board Member on ARW’s website.
Tim Geithner, Tom Dasshole, Nancy Killefer...who am I missing?...all Liberals who consider themselves Above The Law. They don't pay their taxes.
Didn't Herr Biden say that paying more in taxes is Patriotic? Huh. I guess we can conclude then what we already know; Liberals are not Patriotic.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.