Friday, June 16, 2006
John Murtha Says...
In other words, 'Cut and Run'!
And more from John Murtha:
REP. JOHN MURTHA (D), Pennsylvania: I believed in the Vietnam War. I thought we were fighting communism. But Lyndon Johnson said they had an election. One month after I come out of Vietnam, "Everything's going to be all right."
"You know how many people we lost from 1967 until we pulled out? Thirty-seven thousand. Rhetoric does not answer the problem; only the Iraqis can solve the problem in Iraq. They're fighting with each other, and our troops are caught in between, and I say it's time to redeploy and be ready."
By the end of this year, we will have spent $450 billion U.S. taxpayer dollars on this war.
The truth, as has been repeated these last few days, is this: The Commiecrats will be there, with you, when the first shot is fired. But when the going gets tough, they will turn tail and abandon you.
Step aside Grandpa Simpson, for there's a new Coot in town:
Original Animated Graphic Credit: The Simpsons
Redesigned Murtha/Old Coot
Hell... lets take the text books out of schools so no one will ever speak of these wars again.
I think it's asinine for anyone to assume that just because you haven't experienced something yourself that you have to keep your mouth shut about it.
If that were the case then I would have to decline being a parent because I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around waiting for some drug dealer to tell my child about drugs.
Or wait for some prostitute to tell him about sex... or some jailbird to tell him breaking the law is the right choice.
Lets just sit back and let the "know-it-alls" and "experienced" people raise our kids while we just fade away into nothing.
No thank you!
I just went to your link to nbc17 and checked out their latest poll...
When do you think U.S. troops should pull out of Iraq?
1 - Within the next year
2 - Immediately
3 - Whenever the U.S. president says it's time to exit
4 - There will always need to be a U.S. troop presence in Iraq.
So far it's 56% are saying "when the president says".
Will this poll be televised? Doubtful.
How can we cut and run on those we've promised to help? It's just insane to offer help, and then do a 180 and say, "see ya later, you're on your own."
That is NOT what the U.S. is about.
Thanks, as always, Phoenix
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.