Sunday, June 03, 2007
JFK Airport Terror Plot Foiled
The plot, which did not go past the planning stages, involved blowing up the airport's fuel tanks and pipeline, justice department officials said; BBC (bolding mine):
One arrest was in New York and the other two took place in Trinidad. The four men are charged with conspiring to bomb one of the busiest airports in the United States.
The pipeline serves two other airports in the area - LaGuardia and Newark Liberty.
The FBI said the alleged plot never got beyond the planning stages and there was no threat to air safety or to the public, but that the group's intentions were never in doubt.
"One clear signature of this cell was its persistence, they consistently worked to refine their plot," said Mark Mershon of the FBI's New York office.
"They took extensive measures to seek expert advice, finances and explosives."
Amazing, simply amazing the lengths the Libs will go to deny these threats, bury their heads like an ostrich for no other reason that to FURTHER LIBERALISM!
And the Lefties tell us there is no terrorism: October 2006, Liberal Radio Talking Mush-Head Ratty Randi Rhodes: "Terrorism doesn't work if you refuse to be afraid of it." Brilliant philosophy and outlook on terrorism, isn't it?
Labels: Ratty Rhodes
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.