Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Piers Morgan Receives Segway Karma
Remember reporter Piers Morgan who ridiculed George W. Bush for falling off a segway scooter?
Piers Morgan, formerly of the Daily Mirror and now a columnist for the Mail on Sunday's Live magazine, is shown riding and falling off one of the two-wheeled, motorized, gyroscopically balanced scooters that its makers promise will never fall over.
The Daily Mirror ran the headline four years ago: "You'd have to be an idiot to fall off, wouldn't you Mr. President."
It added: "If anyone can make a pig's ear of riding a sophisticated, self-balancing machine like this, Dubya can."
He broke three ribs after falling off the Segway at 12mph in California - just three days before he was due to make his biggest TV appearance to date, as a judge on the grand final of reality show America's Got Talent.
Quite what he was doing on a Segway - labelled 'the geek machine' by critics - Morgan has yet to explain, but these pictures reveal the moment of the undignified crash.
He can be seen cruising comfortably along the promenade at Santa Monica beach. Inexplicably, his delicate sense of balance fails him. The Segway swerves to the right, mounting the kerb. Morgan's 'toned muscular, tanned, superfit torso' (as he describes it) continues straight along the road but sadly his feet remain planted to the rogue Segway.
Inevitably he falls victim to gravity and crunches on to the baking concrete, where he lies, agonised, until a companion can come to his rescue.
Karma has such a sweet way of divine retribution.
H/Ts: Leather Penguin & Desert Cat
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.