Sunday, November 02, 2008
Study Shows Media Coverage Favors Obama
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssssssssssssssh! This is top secret. Don't tell anyone. Keep this in the Cone of Silence.
Guess what? Again, keep this just between us, okay? A study shows that the Media favors Obama. Yeah. Can you believe that? I never would have guessed this, would you?
A study by the Center for Media and Public Affairs has found the following. APee:
* Comments made by sources, voters, reporters and anchors that aired on ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts over the past two months reflected positively on Obama in 65 percent of cases, compared to 31 percent of cases with regards to McCain.
* ABC's "World News" had more balance than NBC's "Nightly News" or the "CBS Evening News," the group said.
* Meanwhile, the first half of Fox News Channel's "Special Report" with Brit Hume showed more balance than any of the network broadcasters, although it was dominated by negative evaluations of both campaigns. The center didn't evaluate programs on CNN or MSNBC.
"For whatever reason, the media are portraying Barack Obama as a better choice for president than John McCain," said Robert Lichter, a George Mason University professor and head of the center. "If you watch the evening news, you'd think you should vote for Obama."
The center analyzed 979 separate news stories shown between Aug. 23 and Oct. 24, and excluded evaluations based on the campaign horse race, including mention of how the candidates were doing in polls.
ABC recorded 57 percent favorable comments toward the Democrats, and 42 percent positive for the Republicans. NBC had 56 percent positive for the Democrats, 16 percent for the Republicans. CBS had 73 percent positive (Obama), versus 31 percent (McCain).
The Project for Excellence in Journalism concluded last week that McCain's coverage has been overwhelmingly negative since the conventions ended, while Obama's has been more mixed.
So much for that term that The Obama Cultists like to throw around so much...The Republican Owned Media. HA!
The above story calls for input from Exclusive Political Analyst, Baby Democrat:
(Yes, that's Karl Marx's "Das Kapital," it's Baby Dem's favorite book!)
They probably thought that was racist.
And I said "My husband is in the military, deployed - I cannot tell you where - and I want a military man in the White House. Barack Obama doesn't have the chops to get the job done."
Again, I'm probably, to that reporter, the Grand Wizard of the Klan.
And I certainly agree with your husband on wanting a Military man in the White House.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.