Saturday, November 22, 2008
Place Your Bets On The Assassination
Of Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior
Passions flared in a Maine town on Thursday over a sign in a store asking customers to place bets on an assassination of President-elect Barack Obama.
The Town Council in Standish condemned the sign on Thursday in a 6-0 vote and declared it reprehensible at a meeting where some residents defended the store owner, saying he had a right to free speech even if in bad taste, local authorities said.
"The town of Standish condemns in the strongest terms any such alleged activity calling for violence against any individual no matter their position, race or ethnicity," said the resolution posted on the town's website.
The sign in the Oak Hill General Store asked customers to place a $1 (68 pence) bet on the date of Obama's assassination, and said "Let's hope someone wins," the Portland Press Herald reported. It was called the "Osama Obama Shotgun Pool."
The store in the town of 9,285 people in southwest Maine has remained closed since reports of the sign appeared in the media on Sunday.
About 80 people attended the meeting, including some who defended the store owner, said town clerk Mary Chapman.
"There were folks on both sides of the issue," Chapman said in a telephone interview. "People were passionate of their opinion but very respectful of others."
Once again, Liberalism comes full circle. The ILCP and especially the Pbama Cultists get a taste of their own medicine. Oh, the irony...the rich, sweet, chocolaty, nougaty, creamy, fudgy, caramel, whipped cream on top irony! 'Ya gotta love it, 'ya just gotta love it!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.