Saturday, September 01, 2007
Hillary's MrsSatan's Dirty Dirty Money
MrsSatan claims she will now be vigilant in from who (Hsu?) and where her campaign money comes from :
As Democratic politicians raced to shed contributions from a wealthy fund-raiser who turned out to be a fugitive from the law, Hillary Clinton said yesterday that her presidential campaign will be more careful about scrutinizing donors.
Norman Hsu, who has donated large sums to numerous Democrats including Clinton and BarackObama, has been wanted by California authorities for 15 years in connection with a fraud case.
"We have a vetting process," Clinton said in a telephone interview. "It didn't work on this one instance, apparently, for any of us. There were many, many people receiving his contributions, but nobody knew there was an issue."
"Obviously, we will increase our vigilance," she added.
Clinton's campaign said Wednesday that it will give $23,000 it received from Hsu to charity. The money included contributions to Clinton's presidential campaign, her US Senate reelection, and her political action committee.
Hsu had been scheduled to host a major fund-raiser for Clinton next month.
Clinton also told the Globe that the campaign would return any of the contributions that Hsu raised from other donors if they turned out to be tainted.
Clinton acted after the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday that Hsu faced an arrest warrant in connection with a 1991 fraud case.
He agreed to serve three years in prison after pleading no contest to grand theft, but then disappeared.
Chinese-American businessman Norman Hsu, whose huge donations embarrassed prominent Democrats this week, was arrested Friday in California for a 1992 fraud case, justice officials said.
Hsu turned himself into police in Redwood City in Silicon Valley near San Francisco and was being held in lieu of two million dollars in bail set in a brief court hearing.
"Yes Mr. Norman Hsu is in custody, but I can't give you more information about this case," said a spokesperson for Redwood City's district attorney.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Hsu has been considered a fugitive since 1992 after he failed to show up for a hearing on a fraud charge he pleaded guilty to a year earlier.
Oh well, I'm sure the presidential pardon is already drawn up just waiting for MrsSatan's signature as soon as she
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.