Monday, November 24, 2008
Warrantless Wiretapping, FISA Spying Under Pbama Will Be Fine With His Cultists
Write this down for the permanent record: The Pbama Cultists and Liberals howled and squealed over the FISA and Wiretapping policies under President George W. Bush, but they will say absolutely nothing when their Messiah Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior runs security matters in the same way.
From CBS News:
In August, the Nation, the country's oldest progressive magazine, published an editorial warning of "troubling signs" that Obama was reverting to a "more cautious, centrist stance," citing his vote in favor of allowing telecom companies immunity in warrantless wiretap lawsuits.
Obama responded with an open letter to readers. I won't always agree with you, he told the lefty magazine, but I will always listen.
Obama's turn to make terror rules:
From wiretaps to Gitmo, he faces pressure to overhaul Bush framework without sacrificing gains made in the name of security.
Obama and his national security advisers likely will be keeping those reports in mind as they consider reforms to the current administration's counterterrorism policies. Already, civil-liberties groups and others have compiled a "wish list" of sorts, seeking the repudiation of highly controversial tactics that have included domestic surveillance, extended detention, "enhanced" interrogation, and extraordinary rendition.
And any "reform" done by Pbama-Biden, that does away with monitoring suspected terrorist activity, that results in a domestic attack on the U.S. - well, the blame will solely rest with Pbama Administration.
Sure makes you feel safe and secure, doesn't it?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.