Sunday, April 27, 2008
Gas Costs More Under Democrats
The price for a gallon of unleaded gasoline in January 2001 when George W. Bush took his oath of office was $1.46.
The price for a gallon of gas when the Republicans lost their majority in November 2006 was $2.19.
The price for a gallon of gas in January 2007, when the Democrat Majority and Speakeress Nanny Pelosi were sworn into office, was $2.30.
The average price for a gallon of gas today is around $3.50.
So, from when Bush took office in January 2001 to January 2007 when the Democrats were sworn into office - six years years later - the price per gallon increased by .73 cents, or an increase of .12 cents per year.
In a little over one year, from January 2007 to April 2008, the price per gallon has increased by $1.20 with a Democrat majority.
Hmmmmmm...Interesting. How 'bout a round of applause, ladies and gentlemen, for the energy and gasoline policies of the Democrats.
I did hear this morning that oil is headed back down to from 111.00 a barrel from 120.00. We should see that right after the election. Boy, those Muslims really do want Barry Obama to win, don't they? Turds.
So why aren't we? Why is it so cost prohibitive to build more refineries?
The environazis, that's why.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.