Monday, August 06, 2007
Boos greeted the news that Clinton would be the only main candidate not to attend the forum.
It highlighted the suspicion she faces among the 'netroots' - blogger activists who helped propel the anti-war Howard Dean to within a whisker of the Democratic nomination in 2004.
But despite not attending the forum, Hillary will attend the YearlyKos conference in Chicago along with her rivals Barack Obama and John Edwards. Their presence underscores the increasing power of the netroots which are fast becoming as much a part of the Democratic establishment as trade unions and minority groups.
Clinton is regularly lambasted by anti-war bloggers on major left-wing sites such as Daily Kos, Huffington Post and MyDD for her 2002 vote authorising the Iraq invasion, in contrast to Obama, who opposed it.
...she expected boos when she spoke here. But that happened only twice.
The first time came in a face-to-face meeting with a hundred or so activists before the debate began.
“I was born in this city,” she told them. “Cubs, not Sox.”
“Don’t tell anybody, but I actually read blogs,” she said. “Don’t share that.”
I hope MrsSatan reads my blog, after all, the URL is named after her!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.