Thursday, March 12, 2009
Pbama's Mounting War Deaths
Two sophisticated suicide bombings, including one on Tuesday in which 33 people died just outside Baghdad, and other recent violence are raising fears that jihadi militants and hard-line Baathists may be renewing their deadly partnership to threaten the largely calm Iraqi capital.
Iraqi military leaders emphasized that it was too early to draw any firm conclusions but noted similarities in the attacks in which more than 60 people were killed since Sunday.
At least 7 of the 33 people killed were Iraqi Army officers.
...three Iraqi soldiers were killed and up to 14 people were wounded in two separate explosions in the northern city of Mosul.
The three soldiers were killed by a car bomb in western Mosul, the U.S. military said. Two soldiers and 11 civilians were wounded.
In the second explosion, an unknown gunman threw a grenade at a police patrol in central Mosul, wounding two policemen and one civilian, an Iraqi security official said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not supposed to release the information.
A car bomb also exploded as a police patrol passed in the northern city of Kirkuk, killing two civilians and wounding four children, police spokesman Brig. Gen. Sarhat Qadir said.
I estimate that Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior is closing in on his first 1,000 deaths in somewhere around a short 50 days in office for which he is directly, completely, wholly and fully responsible. I bet he'll celebrate this by throwing an elegant and expensive White House party!
More Wagyu steak, please!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.