Sunday, May 17, 2009
Protesters Arrested Before Obama
Arrives At Notre Dame
...more than 100 people gathered to protest the decision to invite Obama to speak at commencement and receive an honorary degree. They said he shouldn't be allowed to speak at the Roman Catholic university because of his support of abortion rights and embryonic stem-cell research.
Shortly after noon, 23 protesters marched on to campus. Nineteen were arrested on trespassing charges and four also faced a charge of resisting law enforcement, said Sgt. Bill Redman, St. Joseph County Police Department spokesman. They were being held on $250 bond.
Among those arrested was the Rev. Norman Weslin, a Catholic priest and founder of the Lambs of Christ abortion protest group. He also was among 21 people arrested during a similar protest Friday.
Also protesting Saturday was Norma McCorvey, the plaintiff identified as "Roe" in the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion. She now opposes abortion.
Anyway, weren't there voices within the GOP saying that the Republican Party should dump the social conservatives, since they are bringing down the party?
How is it then that the majority of americans now agree with the social conservative belief that life is sacred?
Obango Hussein Junior is revealing himself to be just like the other comunists in the 20th century. a dictator.
What's your take, Mats?
Obango Hussein Junior, the first Affirmative Action Kenyan born president, is all the liberals have. It's either Obango or a... (gasp) ... republican!
They can't have that, now can they?
I hope the Repubs can nominate a Conservative...a real Conservative. If not, they deserve to continue being in the minority.
First time I heard of the Samson Obama story. Holy shit! Assaulted a 13 year old girl? Oh, if this had been Jeb Bush...holy shit, the MSM and Libs would have exploded with delight.
How many "half"-bros does Barry have, anyway?
I think nobody really knows. Seems like his dad was busy down in Kenya.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.