Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Tax Cheaters Tom Daschle And Nancy Killefer Withdraw Names For Appointments
Tax cheat and lobbyist Tom Dasshole has withdrawn his name from consideration as Secreatary of Health and Human Services.
The Democrats rushing to his defense is astonishing and amazing. The American Spectator:
"If all you knew about Tom Daschle was that he used to be a senator and he made a mistake and had to pay over $100,000 in back taxes, you would have a right to be skeptical, even cynical," said Sen. Richard J. Durbin (Ill.). "But if you know Tom Daschle, you know better."
More from the same American Spectator link:
"[Daschle's] integrity is beyond reproach," said [longtime friend Washington lawyer Frederick Graefe].
Both consider themselves Above The Law.
Then there's Nancy Killefer who withdrew her nomination as White House budget director/Chief Performance Officer because she too FAILED TO PAY TAXES. Bloomberg:
Nancy Killefer withdrew her nomination as President Barack Obama’s deputy White House budget director, citing a personal “tax issue” that she said would have delayed or derailed her nomination.
“I have also come to realize in the current environment that my personal tax issue of D.C. unemployment tax could be used to create exactly the kind of distraction and delay those duties must avoid,” Killefer, 55, said.
...and that she worked in the Treasury Department during the Clinton administration.
"Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter."-Sen. Tom Daschle, Congressional Record, May 7, 1998, p. S4507.
Ahhhh, Grand Scale, Unparallelled, Height-Setting Hypocrisy from The Pbama Cultists and Insane Liberal Clown Posse (ILCP).
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.