Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Obama Admits Muslim Roots
The other day we heard a comment from a White House aide that never would have been uttered during the primaries or general election campaign.
During a conference call in preparation for President Obama's trip to Cairo, Egypt, where he will address the Muslim world, deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Denis McDonough said "the President himself experienced Islam on three continents before he was able to -- or before he's been able to visit, really, the heart of the Islamic world -- you know, growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father -- obviously Muslim Americans (are) a key part of Illinois and Chicago." [Denis McDonough says Obama is a "Muslim American." His words. How very interesting. - Drake]
Given widespread unease and prejudice against Muslims among Americans, especially in the wake of 9/11, the Obama campaign was perhaps understandably very sensitive during the primaries and general election to downplay the candidate's Muslim roots.
Since the election, however, with the threat of the rumors at least somewhat abated, the White House has been increasingly forthcoming about the president's roots.
Barry Lied. People Died. They're still dying in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, not to mention the United States.
What will we learn about Pbama next, that Osama Bin Laden is his biological father?
Like I said in a previous post, by the end of the term, he'll be walking around the White House wearing the islamic rags, and reciting the filthy Qur'an.
oh, how I miss the days when the USA had an american president....
I like your take, Obama will be the Howard Hughes of Islam. Maybe wearing empty kleenex boxes on his feet and touching things only with a tissue?
Obama is Muslim and he can speak on their defense. Yet, he goes volutarily to a Catholic School and makes them cover their statues and crucifix. Can you say hypocrisy or perhaps prejudice. Don't claim on the one hand that we can't force our beliefs to others then on the other hand force us to hide our beliefs. If he is a Muslim then have the guts to admit it openly. Or be another Bill Clinton who smoked but did not inhale. Keep it real
He's a fraud. The sooner people realize this, the better.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.