Sunday, April 27, 2008
McCain Picks Wright As VP Candidate
New Orleans, LA - Republican candidate for president and United States Senator John McCain shocked the political world today by announcing his selection of Rev. Jeremiah Wright as his Vice Presidential running mate. Wright was the controversial minister of the church attended by McCain's potential Democrat presidential candidate challenger and U.S. Illinois Senator Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.
McCain made the announcement while at a campaign stop in New Orleans, LA in an area hit hard by hurricane Katrina, saying "I am proud that Rev. Wright has accepted my offer to be my Vice President."
Reporters peppered the Arizona Senator with questions why he chose Wright. "This is just another of my poking the Republican party in the eye with a sharp stick," giggled McCain, "I like stirring the pot like this because I'm a Maverick, damn it."
Wright, who admitted he was as shocked as anyone being offered part of the McCain ticket, said, "It took a few moments for me to accept his offer, but I figured now that I retired from the church I have nothing better to do."
Sofa Davenport, McCain spokeswoman, said the selection of Wright is based on appealing and bringing to the McCain campaign, "the bitter vote."
A reporter caught up with former Republican presidential candidate and ex Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney just as he exited a Cost Cutters. Romney was considered to be on the so-called "short list" of VP possibilities for McCain. Romney, reacting to news that McCain has selected Wright said, "Yeah, ironically enough this news does make me bitter."
Labels: parody and satire
Thanks for commenting and visiting, as always.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.