Sunday, May 31, 2009
Some Gays Now More Privileged Than Others. Is This Discrimination?
On this whole gay marriage-Prop 8-California Supreme Court ruling thingy:
Am I the only one who notices that now some gay people really are discriminated against? Some gay people really are Second Class Citizens. Yeah, they are. And they are Second Class Citizens due to their fellow married gays.
Some 18,000 gay married couples were grandfathered in - their marriage valid - when the California Supreme Court ruled and upheld Prop 8 with the caveat that those already married can stay married.
So now we have two separate classes: Gay married couples and gays who were DENIED marriage. This sure seems like INEQUALITY to me.
If equality is held to such a high degree by gays, and if they disdain discrimination as much as they claim they do, then the gay married couples should get divorced and not remarry until ALL their fellow gays can marry.
I haven't heard of any gay married couples getting divorced in order to protest the ruling by the Cali Supremes.
Do the gay married couples realize that they have become and represent what they formerly held in contempt? Because they are now enjoying the benefits of marriage that is being denied to their fellow gays. Oh, the Hypocrisy! Isn't if fabulous?
All you married gay couples...you're in a different class than your brothers and sisters who wanted to marry, but now cannot.
Will the married gays get a divorce in order to prove their solidarity with those who are not married? Gee, they sure would be hypocrites if they didn't, wouldn't they?
Irony is funny when it happens to Liberals, isn't it.
Labels: Gay Marriage
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.