Thursday, August 10, 2006
Hypocrites... the lot of them. Live and let live... unless you can get a laugh or a million bucks out of it.
I found some of his humor falling back on the old stuff (which I liked), but I'm so disgusted by so many comedians now days because they can't leave politics out of their jokes. Sometimes it's okay... and I don't mind if they tell jokes about one side or the other in most any subject... but when they use them to stab and promote their own... dare I say... agenda; I can't stand it.
I use to laugh my ass off at Margaret Cho... until I got one of her most recent DVDs. It was so one sided that I don't believe I cracked one smile. I turned it off and sent it back with a bad review.
I agree with every word you wrote.
Besides, if you can't take "chemical dependency humore" you shouldn't be dishing it out.
Thanks for visiting Yangix.
LOL mrs nesbitt.
Bryan - I agree with you somewhat. I think he's great in "World According To Garp" and "Popeye", and some of his earlier stand up was funny.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.