Sunday, February 08, 2009
Chomsky Tinkles All Over Pbama
Well-known American America-Hater Noam Chomsky takes a healthy leak on His Excellency Dear Leader Pushy Sunshine Smile The Illegitiamte Prednint Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior:
Article Title: Chomsky: No change coming with Obama
Chomsky: Well, it was pretty clear that Obama would accept the Bush doctrine that the United States can bomb Pakistan freely, and there have been many case which are quite serious.
...the first message to the new Obama administration by President [Hamid] Karzai of Afghanistan was the same, that he wanted no more bombings. He also said that he wants a timetable for the withdrawal of the foreign troops, US and other troops, from Afghanistan. That was of course just ignored.
Press TV: Robert Gates and Admiral [Mike] Mullen have been talking about the 16-month timeline for withdrawal from Iraq is just one of the options, a slight difference from what Obama has been saying in the campaign. And, Hillary Clinton famously said she was prepared to obliterate all of Iran and kill 70 million citizens. On Iraq and Iran what do you see as changes?
Chomsky: In the case of Iran, Obama's statements have not been as inflammatory as Clinton's, but they amount to pretty much the same thing. He said all options are open. Well, what does all options mean? Presumably that includes nuclear war, you know, that is an option.
There is no indication that he is willing to take the steps, say, that the American population wants.
Gosh, you know...I'm starting to like Noamy a little!
Just as they've said many times, I could live with a moderate liberal. Of course, by that I mean a compassionate one, but one that also realizes throwing money at our social problems isn't the answer.
I'm pretty much disgusted with the Republicans, too. True conservatives are fairly rare in the party, IMHO.
I give Noam credit for not having the usual double-standard most Libs have and holding Pbama to the same standards that he did Bush. I give Chomsky credit for this.
I agree pretty much. I could live with a moderate Democrat, not sure a moderate "Liberal", I know what you mean, we're talking the same thing - I think - just using different words.
There's something to be said for the Blue Dog democrat ideology, and that they are willing to stand up to the tax and spend Libs who are the majority of their party.
It makes ya wonder why Chomsky lives here. Oh, I wonder if its the notoriety, above average income, celeb status and comfortable lifestyle?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.