Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Obama Will Bankrupt Coal Plants
DemocRAT Presidential candidate Barack Hussein Obama, Junior is ready to so onerously tax, fine and regulate coal plants through greenhouse gas regulations he is willing to "bankrupt" coal and power plants. Associated Content:
Back in January, in a press interview, Barack Obama promised to bankrupt the coal industry should he be elected President. The fact that he said it is remarkable. That he said it is only coming to light the weekend before the election is more remarkable.
Barack Obama was discussing his proposed cap and trade system, in which owners of power generation plants would be taxed for the amount of green house gasses their plants produce, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Barack Obama was very blunt on what he felt the effect on the coal industry would be. He said, "So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted."
Ironically coal mining is a large industry and employer in states including Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana which are considered swing states that Barack Obama must win in order to be elected President. While Barack Obama did pay a little lip service to clean coal technology, he made no secret of his antipathy to the coal industry. He emphasized that under his Presidency, there should be no coal industry. "So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.