Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Mysterious Duo Claims Credit For Thwarting Recent Attacks
Referring to themselves as Ketchup Man and Ketchup Boy, the two men claimed it was their efforts that tipped off authorities in the UK, Pakistan and the U.S. to the budding terrorist plot.
"I had a plan," said Ketchup Man to a room full of anxious reporters and press. "I can't tell you the details of my plan, it's a Super-Duper Top Secret Plan. And I'm proud to say that my plan worked. My plan was to catch these bad guys and we did just that."
"You tell 'em, Ketchup Man," said Ketchup Boy.
Ketchup Man and Ketchup Boy; Are They Actually John Kerry and John Edwards?
"Easy there, Ketchup Boy. We don't want to gloat."
"Sorry, Ketchup Man."
Reporters shouted, "Who are you?"
"It's best for everyone if our identities remain unknown," said Ketchup Man.
One reporter shouted, "You sound just like John Kerry and John Edwards."
"We, ah...we, ah.... WHO? No, we're not those people," replied Ketchup Man, in an obvious and ineffective attempt to deny the accusation.
"We're not familiar with those names," added Ketchup Boy.
"Ketchup Boy is right! We must go now," said Ketchup Man as he and Ketchup Boy left the room and building. The phrase, "To The Ketchup Cave," was heard as they left for places unknown.
"Who were those masked men," is what reporters muttered to themselves. A brave reporter ventured an answer, "Isn't it obvious it's John Kerry and John Edwards?"
"Oooooooooooh.......," was the collective reply.
If Ketchup Man decides to reappear with election aspirations I have no doubt that he and his Ketchup Boy du Jour will find a way to link themselves to a positve anti-terrorist act. There won't be any concrete evidence that supports their link but that won't stop them from declaring how wonderfully effective they were at stopping terrorism.
I agree with your analysis of KM and KB. I'm certain KM will run in '08. I think KB may, but I don't think he's as passionate about it as KM!
Thanks for visiting!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.