Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Stocks Sink After Timmy Tax Cheat Geithner Open His Pie Hole...AGAIN! Obama's Popularity Also Sinking (He Must Fail!)
From Business Week:
Bank stocks are retreating amid fresh concerns that financial firms will need additional capital to weather the ongoing credit crisis and recession.
The KBW Bank Index, which tracks 24 of the nation's largest banks, fell more than 7 percent to 27.06.
The fall comes a day after Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said during television interviews that the struggling banking sector might need even more money to help it right itself and increase lending. The comments by Geithner affirmed that the ongoing credit crisis and recession is still weighing on banks.
"Putting that out there highlights the fact that we're not in the late stages of this," says Peter Jankovskis, co-chief investment officer at OakBrook Investments.
Stocks slid on Monday because Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior is ruining General Motors. Market Watch:
U.S. stocks fell as the specter of a bankruptcy for General Motors and fears that banks such as Citigroup and Bank of America may not pass their "stress tests" punctured the recent rally. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 254.16 points, or 3.27%, to 7522.02[.]
Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 28.41, or 3.48%, to 787.53[.]
The technology-oriented Nasdaq Composite fell 43.4, or 2.81%, to 1501.8.
Heckuva job, Timmy!
Heckuva job, Barry!
The latest Rasmussen Poll shows only 38% "strongly approve" of the job Pbama is doing:
38% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President.
Thirty percent (30%) now Strongly Disapprove[.]
58% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far. Forty percent (40%) disapprove.
46% of voters still have an unfavorable opinion of the President’s budget.
If we go back to the time that Democrats were sworn in as the majority of Congress, the Dow is off a mere 4941.13.
Please, will someone point me to the fucking "recent rally?" I just cannot find it.
Is their particular meaning for a specific moment in time that they selectively CHOOSE with a predetermined outcome?
Are they talking about day traders for SHORTS or something? Or are they watching a MAKE BELIEVE market? What. The. Fuck? "Recent rally."
Yes, it was one of mine, brand new, actually. Fresh out of the wrapper. It still had that "new ballgag" smell.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.