Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Sweet Polly Planet Earth is in "Danger...Danger!"
The EX-Vice President and LOSING Democratic Presidential Candidate of 2000 says:
"There is danger in this crisis, but also tremendous opportunity," Gore said Saturday during a question-and-answer session at the theater. Efforts to help revive the environment will create jobs and a healthier world, he said.
[The film is] being pushed in the trailer as "the scariest film you'll ever see", and that may not even be an exagerration [sic]...
[Hollywood Elsewhere's Jeff Wells] says, "I can see the film doing well in arthouse theaters and in environmentally-conscious, liberal cities like Seattle, but will it play in the Midwest and South to the 'red state Humpty Dumpties'."
Anyone out there on the Left that wonders why people don't listen to your message? Anyone out there on the Left that wonders why so many people consider you gas-bags and full of hot air when you pompously promote an agenda that you claim is objective but in the next sentence you berate and belittle a segment of the public that - prior to your insult - might have given your message a chance?
All I can say is keep it up. For you must be in a deluded state of mind to think that this type of message actually plays in Peoria.
More Gore Sarcasm HERE!
That's a debating tacting that seldom works for me: insulting the people I want to influence! How does that go?
ME: "Do you want to see this movie?"
JOE SCHMOE: "No, not really."
ME: "You NEED to see it, you red state Humpty Dumpty!"
JOE SCHMOE: "Oh...well since you put it THAT way, sure! I'll go see it!"
Public Relations 101: Don't insult your audience.
And I always thought Humpty Dumpty was more an eggshell color than a red hue.
Thanks for writing.
(so are you going to see the film?)
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.