Thursday, October 09, 2008
Second Presidential Debate Analysis
Tuesday night marked the second of three presidential debates between Republican Candidate Senator John McCain and Democrat Candidate Democrat/Pacifist Barack Hussein Obama, Junior..."Slick Barry."
The Second Presidential Debate was town hall form rather than using podiums. The town hall style favors Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain because he's good at it.
Barack Hussein Obama, Junior made sure he was - once again - wearing his U.S. Flag lapel pin. Did he have a marching band in tow with him, playing Sousa marches before he took the stage?
There were three distinct moments of monumental gaffes committed by Obama. What's so significant about these three items is I will bet he didn't even know he said them, because he is out of his element in town hall style debates. He doesn't have time to self-censor who he truly is.
Quotes cited from New York Times transcript of the Second Presidential Debate:
* One: John McCain shook hands with a man in the audience who had served in the Military. McCain said, "I thank you for your service."
Obama, approaching the man, said, "we thank you for your service."
MCCAIN: Well, thank you, Terry. And thank you for your service to the country.
OBAMA: Well, Terry, first of all, we honor your service, and we're grateful for it.
* Two: Obama referred to the members of the United States Military as when, "we invaded" Iraq.
OBAMA: I don't understand how we ended up invading a country.
* Three: Does anyone really believe that Obama won't kowtow to the United Nations Security Council when it comes to defending our country? Please. Disabuse yourself of this notion, for it is not rooted in any degree of realism.
* McCain answered it right, he wouldn't wait for the UN Security Council to sanction our reaction.
* Ooooooooooooooooh. McCain called Obama, "That One." Immediately, The Obama Cultists labeled it as, "racism", their first and foremost kneejerk defense mechanism. This is just The Obama Cultists being themselves, it is The Left being The Left. Their reactionary charge of "racism" lost shock value long ago, now I just laugh. They label everything they don't want to hear as "racism."
Jimmy Carter calls Obama a, "black boy," and not a peep from The Left. Not a peep!
See, The Left doesn't even get it, that McCain's words are play on "The One." The reason The Left sees only racial and ethnic differences is because they are racists.
Subtle Set Design For Republican Loss?
* Did you notice that the walls were blue and the carpeting was red? The Republican Red carpet was down...being "walked on", while the blue walls were standing, strong, infallible. Did you get this impression, because I did. The choice of red for the floor and blue for the walls was, in my mind, no coincidence. I think NBC made a deliberate choice to make the carpet Republican Red and the walls Democrat Blue.
* Obama wanted, as he did in the first debate, more time to talk on and on while saying nothing, and wanted and had more chances at rebuttal than McCain. What's the matter Barry, can't stick to the rules that you agreed to before the debate?
* Obama quoted a gallon of gasoline in Tennessee as selling for "3.80 a gallon." That's a bit high of an estimate on his part, perhaps not actually knowing that state-wide prices in Tennessee for a gallon of gas is currently between $2.99 and $3.29. Way off there Barry, in trying to connect with the people who cling to their guns and their religion and who aren't much into goat cheese and arugula. This was Obama's "I know the price of a gallon of gasoline" (or milk) moment, and he failed it.
* I see Michelle Pickles Obama, The Dangerous Washerwoman, took time out from her rigorous 4-day per week sessions with a personal fitness trainer and from her I Hate America Tour and attended the debate.
* Where did McCain disappear to so quickly after shaking hands with everyone? Why didn't he and Cindy stick around?
* Or is it that John and Cindy McCain left at the right time and Barry and Pickles are one of those party guests always the last to leave, hanging on and hanging on, making a slooooooooooow exit, long after everyone else has disappeared?
* Tom Brokaw did a terrible job as a moderator. He was too busy in his role of Mother Hen and protecting Obama from any questions on the Second Amendment or abortion. It sure is funny how abortion never failed to come up as an issue last year in the Republican Candidates' Debates, but not now. Media Bias - why, what's that?
Let's check in with Exclusive Political Analyst, Baby Democrat - for what appears to be a reaction to McCain describing Obama as, "That One," and any connotation of faux-Racism charges being arbitrarily and without merit or justification from the Obama Cultists and The Insane Liberal Clown Posse:
The only good thing that I can say is that McCain actually came off as more likable than he usually does.
Barry was seething with rage as he usually is. What is up with that?
We did watch the debate and did hear "that one" come across and I thought "there goes the neighborhood". Not because I think what the Left thinks... but because the Left is so damn predictable.
And I agree they are hypocrites... if Carter can say what he said with no reaction... you know for a fact they really don't give a damn about what a black person is called. Turning "that one" into a racist comment and leaveing "black boy" alone is so obviously proof of their "I don't really care what he's called so long as the right person says it" attitude.
I'm experiencing some spotty interweb connection, unsure how long I will on.
It sounds like the sparks ignited today in Wisconsin of some guy at a McCain rally saying "we're sick and tired of socialism." We've been waiting for this moment.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.