Sunday, February 01, 2009
Pbama Wants Us To Feel The Pain
The bill will not stimulate the economy in the near term and may hurt the economy in the long run, because the deficit for the next two years is already projected to exceed $2 trillion.
Little of the funding will be spent quickly. Based on a Congressional Budget Office analysis, just $26 billion (7 percent) will be spent in the current fiscal year, and less than half — 38 percent — will be spent in the first two years. Even assuming such fiscal measures could be effective, the vast majority of funds in this bill would be spent too late to stimulate the economy anyway.
...only $30 billion is for highways. There are tens of billions spent mainly to protect or create government jobs. In addition, the National Endowment for the Arts will get $50 million, Americorps $200 million, Amtrak $800 million, grass replacement on the National Mall $200 million, repairs at the Smithsonian $150 million, NASA climate change research $400 million, and ACORN $10 million.
And more PORK. NECN:
...the plan is filled with wasteful spending, including $25 million to improve all-terrain vehicle trails, $34 million to renovate a federal building in Washington and $600 million to buy new cars for government workers.
To the "Green" Lobby
To the Unions
To the Abortion Industry
* $4.19 billion open to ACORN. The Pelosi-Reid bill makes groups like ACORN eligible for a $4.19 billion pot of money for "neighborhood stabilization activities."
* $54 billion will go to federal programs that the Office of Management and Budget or the Government Accountability Office have already criticized as "ineffective" or unable to pass basic financial audits.
If you think the stimu-pork is good, admit that you're a political sycophant who knows full well you disallow facts to ever get in the way of your opinions, or just admit you're an idiot; a dimwit unable to grasp basic economic principles. I'm betting it's the latter and not the former. Oh, there's a third type, if you're a special recipient of some big chunks of that money, they you're all for it.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.