Saturday, March 14, 2009
U.S. Deadbeat Per Ben Wa Balls
A day after his White House meeting with President Barack Obama, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon raised congressional hackles by calling the United States a "deadbeat" donor to the world body.
Ban's criticism Wednesday of the U.N.'s single biggest backer irked some members of the House Foreign Relations Committee. They were generally supportive of his leadership but voiced concern about U.N. efforts in areas from Sudan to Somalia.
"He used the word 'deadbeat' when it came to characterizing the United States. I take great umbrage (over) that," Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the panel's senior Republican, said after an hour-long, closed-door meeting. "We certainly contribute a whole lot of U.S. taxpayer dollars to that organization. We do not deserve such a phrase."
Asked if he'd used the word "deadbeat" during the meeting, he replied, "Yes, I did _ I did," then laughed mischievously.
Yeah...GFY Slant-Eye, wrote David Drake, who then laughed mischievously.
If he meant the Pbama Administration is a deadbeat, then I couldn't agree more with him.
The UN is full of pedophiles and rapists. The most worthless assembly of humanity ever. The US should kick them out of America and let them fend for themselves. What do you think?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.