Friday, July 25, 2008
Obama Snubs U.S. Troops
Wearin' that U.S. Flag Lapel pin and wrapping himself up in the American Flag.
Paying attention and putting his hand over his heart during the playing of our National Anthem. What a guy. What an American!
You know, he says he has the best interests of U.S. Soldiers in his heart.
So I wonder why he ignored them in Germany, in favor of going shopping and night-clubbing?
From Spiegel online:
SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that Obama has cancelled a planned short visit to the Rammstein and Landstuhl US military bases in the southwest German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The visits were planned for Friday. "Barack Obama will not be coming to us," a spokesperson for the US military hospital in Landstuhl announced. "I don't know why." Shortly before the same spokeswoman had announced a planned visit by Obama.
McCain spokesman Brian Rogers just responded: "Barack Obama is wrong. It is never ‘inappropriate’ to visit our men and women in the military."
Obama's behavior is typical of Liberal and Progressive mentality. Use and abuse the U.S. Military when it suits you (remember First Lady Hillary Clinton using the Military to serve tea in the White House?) and then ignore them when it matters. Typical, typical, typical Liberal and Progressive behavior by Obama. I, for one, am not surprised.
I had not heard the news that he ignored and snubbed the Soldiers who where there and ready to greet him. Although, I am not surprised by his actions. And I'm certainly not surprised that the 99% of the MSM fails to report on it.
So my question is... if the people at Snopes don't know for sure, then why are they so quick and eager to proclaim that the letter is false?
Maybe it was false... it could be that it was completely made up; but am I wrong in feeling a little paranoid about Snopes? Lately, when I go to check out what they say about whether or not something is true or false... they seem more and more to lean to the left.
Am I paranoid?
I wasn't aware of the story about the letter. But the Obama campaign did confirm he was scheduled to visit the Soldiers but then backed out of it, but they didn't release why.
My guess is that the Soldiers in Germany said they had no plans to welcome him or turn out for his appearance. Could that be it?
I don't hit Snopes as often as yo do, so so far, I'm not picking up on their Left leaning vibe, tho I am not doubting you.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.