Saturday, June 21, 2008
House Dems Approve FISA Bill
Republicans and Democrats in Congress reached a breakthrough compromise yesterday on a bill that would dramatically revamp the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Most significantly, the draft legislation makes legal the president's probably previously illegal National Security Agency (NSA) surveillance program.
This compromise is a bitter pill for Democrats to swallow, given their previous staunch opposition to any immunity provision in the FISA bill.
Baby Thom Hartmann was beside himself over this issue on his Friday Liberal Talk Radio program. Cry Thommy, cry, whine, kick your feet, throw a temper tantrum, scream, drop to the floor and roll around from side to side with spittle flying out of your mouth and faux tear drops dribbling down your cheeks like the immature Marxist that you are, Thom Thumb.
Here is the final roll call vote.
Speakeress of The House Nanny Pelosi voted for it. So did Steny "Bartender, I'll have another!" Hoyer. So did Old Coot Mad Jack Murtha! Did Hell just freeze over and it hasn't yet been reported?
Voting against it - which is the same as voting against the safety of America from terroristic threats - was Ohio's Garden Gnome Dennis Kookcinich and New York's Jerry "No Neck " Nadler - and no, I did no Photoshopping of Nadler. That's just what a
No Neck Nadler ..................The Garden Gnome Kookcinich
It's funny when Democrats become royally upset over what their own party does. Me? I find it wonderfully humorous!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.