Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Another Pbama Appointee Withdraws;
Charles Freeman Conflict Of Interest, Tied To Saudi Arabia, China And A Jew Hater
Another Pbama Appointee bites the dust. And another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust. How many disastrous appointees does this make for the The Kenyan Prednint? How many stars are in the sky?
Charles W. Freeman, Jr., bailed out as the Pbama appointee to chair the National Intelligence Council. Politico:
The controversial appointee to chair President Barack Obama’s National Intelligence Council walked away from the job Tuesday as criticism on Capitol Hill escalated.
Charles W. Freeman Jr., the former ambassador to Saudi Arabia, had been praised by allies and by the director of national intelligence, Dennis Blair, as a brilliant, iconoclastic analyst.
Critics said he was too hard on Israel and too soft on China, and blasted him for taking funding from Saudi royals.
The withdrawal came after Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-Conn.) grilled Blair at a Senate Armed Service Committee hearing Tuesday. Lieberman cited his “concern” about “statements that [Freeman] has made that appear either to be inclined to lean against Israel or too much in favor of China.”
In particular, Freeman has described “Israeli violence against Palestinians” as a key barrier to Mideast peace, and referred to violence in Tibet last year — widely seen in the U.S. as a revolt against Chinese occupation — as a “race riot.”
But Rep. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), one of Freeman's leading critics, said the appointee could have "withstood" the attacks on policy grounds, but ultimately was torpedoed by the fact that he headed an institute funded by Saudi royalty and sat on the board of a Chinese state oil company.
"The administration made yet another mistake not doing its homework before nominating someone to a senior position of unique sensitivity, and then learned from the press further and further embarrassing details," Kirk said. "He was heavily encumbered by multiple conflicts of interest involving Chinese, Saudi and other business dealings that all should have been disclosed long before."
1) You failed to pay taxes or have outstanding tax liens on your property;
2) Be a rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth, terrorist-loving anti-Semite,
3) Have strong ties to a lobbying group or be a former lobbyist yourself.
Don't worry, the Pbama Admin won't vet you. I mean, after all ... John Wayne Gacy was a Democrat, a Dem supporter and a Dem precinct captain.
Vetting..."what's that?", ask the Democrats.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.