Thursday, July 10, 2008
Obama Now Says Iran A "Great threat."
From al-Reuters, Obama on Wednesday called Iran "a great threat."
Obama, who called Iran a "great threat" on ABC's "Good Morning America, said President George W. Bush has not backed up confrontational rhetoric with economic sanctions. Obama cited reports indicating that U.S. exports to Iran have increased during Bush's years in office.
Obama gives speech stating "Iran a great threat." e-Flux Media:
In a speech held Wednesday, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama described Iran as a "great threat" and said that the western powers should impose tighter economic sanctions to Teheran after the country’s government test-fired nine missiles.
...he [said he] would try to solve the problem through a mix of more direct diplomacy and a threat of much tougher economic sanctions. The United States need to create “a kind of policy” that is putting the pressure on Iran to change its manners, Obama concluded.
What does Obama think the EU and (for what good they are) the UN has been doing for the past however hell many years spent negotiating and exercising diplomacy with Iran? Where have you been all this time, Mr. Obamalith?
From the U.S. Navy Department Library dated August 2005:
Since October 2003, the foreign ministers of Germany, France, and the UK (EU-3) have been negotiating with Iran on restricting its nuclear program in exchange for wide-ranging assistance. If EU-3 negotiations fail, it is not clear even then that the IAEA would call Iran into noncompliance, since the Iranian suspension is voluntary.
Really, he said that. Here he is in his own words:
Well, which is it? A little more than one month ago Iran was not a threat. Now they are a "great threat"? Hmmmmmm. Sure sounds like the words of inexperience, arrogance and hubris. Yes, Hubris, you Libs remember Hubris, don't you? You used the term in describing George W. Bush when you believed he was "full of himself."
Hubris, meet Obama - Obama, meet Hubris; for you are one.
Oh, the joy of pointing out hypocrisy, flip-flopping and the always posturing and posing of The Meccachurian Candidate. He's a real current-day Neville Chamberlain, ain't he? And Hubris, he's full of the Hubris. We can't forget that.
Hypocrisy... the joy, the humor, the hemorrhoids.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.