Wednesday, December 13, 2006
MSM Wants Its Own YouTube
While a deal is still far off, the four media companies envision a jointly owned site that would be the primary Web source for videos from their television networks, the paper said in an online report on wsj.com, citing people close to the situation.
The companies aim to cash in on the fast-growing market of Web video advertising and have also discussed building a Web video player that could play clips, the Journal said.
Once again the MSM is late to game desperately trying to play 'catch-up'. FOX maybe - maybe - could pull a YouTube clone off. But CBSNBCABC? Uh, no - ain't gonna happen.
Look, Networks...just forget the idea. You're too late, as usual. The MSM doesn't lead the way, they're followers. By the time they got their version of YouTube up and running, something better and newer will have come along that completely antiquates what the MSM is trying to do.
There are ways the MSM could reinvent itself and once again become a leader instead of a withering and dying follower. But I'm sure as hell not going to tell them how to do it. At least not for free.
Music Video News
And I DO know how they could do that. But like i said, i'm not giving them any free advice. If they want to pay me, then "we" talk. Otherwise they can continue down the merry road to entropy.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.