Friday, September 07, 2007
Norman Hsu Arrested, Exclusive Audio
Democratic fundraiser Norman Hsu, who failed to appear at a bond hearing Wednesday in San Francisco, was taken into custody in Grand Junction, Colorado, Thursday evening, the FBI and local police said.
Hsu had posted a $2 million bond last Friday after he turned himself in to authorities in California on a 16-year-old grand theft conviction, a San Mateo County, California, Superior Court spokeswoman said. But a bench warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to show up for a bail reduction hearing Wednesday.
Grand Junction police Sgt. Lonnie Chavez said Hsu became ill while traveling on an Amtrak train as it passed through Grand Junction. Amtrak officials called for an ambulance, and Hsu was taken off the train and to St. Mary's Hospital for treatment, Chavez said.
Click on the to hear the audio clip:
Hsu with Hirrarrrrry and Birrrrr Crinton in an undated photograph
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.