Thursday, June 04, 2009
Obama OK With Taxing
Employer-Paid Health Benefits
CANDIDATE Barack Hussein Obama, Junior was against his presidential rival John McCain's idea of taxing employer-paid health benefits.
But now, PREDNINT Obama is okay with with taxing employer-paid health benefits. From The WaPoo:
President Obama, in a pivot from some of his harshest campaign rhetoric, told Democratic senators yesterday that he is willing to consider taxing employer-sponsored health benefits to help pay for a broad expansion of coverage.
White House officials moved quickly to clarify that taxing the health insurance provided by businesses is not Obama's first choice, but aides refused to rule out the possibility.
Nevertheless, the issue represents treacherous politics for Obama, given his attacks on Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who advocated a similar approach during the campaign.
"For the first time in American history, he wants to tax your health benefits," Obama said in September. "Apparently, Senator McCain doesn't think it's enough that your health premiums have doubled. He thinks you should have to pay taxes on them, too."
ObamaSpeak: Left is Right. Down is Up. Peace is War. Freedom is Slavery. No Tax is More Tax.
It's Orwellian. So very Orwellian.
And no charges of hypocrisy or flip-flopping accusations lobbed at Barry from his devout Cultists. Huh. I wonder why not? They managed to call attention to every flip flop done by Bush, Cheney and any other Repub or Conservative.
That fucking Coveted Free Pass is the Holy Grail for Liberals, isn't it?
That he's adopting an idea of MCCain's that he rejected proves he cannot be trusted and his word means nothing. That's what I take away from the story.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.